Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Quotes That Change A Mind.

     I'm struggling. Won't hide it, won't pretend. Don't really want to talk about it though; probably because I'd feel judged, even though I know people won't judge me. I went to see a Dr. Suess movie to get a mental break from myself and smile. I think the Whoville people were so darn cute. These weren't as cute, but they did sing, which I thought was fun. At the end, however, there was a quote that followed the word "Unless" throughout the movie.
"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
     This... is why I care. This is why deep down, I want others to care. I can't change someone's circumstances, or who they choose to become. It takes them caring to make things get better and going the way they want. I can't completely control my relationships. It takes both sides caring, and if both don't a whole awful lot, the bad won't ever be made good. That "UNLESS" gives hope. There's a chance for things to get better. I realize caring isn't always the bandaid or the stitches, but you have to start somewhere. If the obese person in your personal space doesn't care they're in your space, and aren't caring that they're affecting others, they're going to stay obese.
"You must, You must think I'm strong, to give me what I'm going through. Well forgive me, forgive me if I'm wrong, but this looks like more than I can do on my own. ... I know I'm not strong enough to be everything that I'm supposed to be, I give up... I'm not strong enough. Hands of Mercy won't you cover me, Lord right now I'm asking you to be strong enough."
      That sums up my feelings for a while. God must think I'm a brick house, because there are so many times I look at my thoughts, and I look at what I have to push on through (knowing it's not nearly as bad as some) and I think "what is he thinking" .... maybe he's thinking "she will HAVE to have me to get through this. So I'll wait and see if she chooses Me, or the struggle." I'd say lately it's about half and half. I'm quickly learning I'll suffer if I try to go at it alone.
"Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness we have in our lives." -C.S. Lewis
I have no comment on that, other than I've found it to be true.

     These are the things that have recently struck me deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment