Monday, May 7, 2012

There's More To Life Than Me.

     I'm young, and I have experienced only a few of the personalities and people that exist in this world. I've found some normal, some that could use improvement, and then those that you couldn't even imagine up yourself they're so perfectly made. Some moments, I think to myself "I don't ever want to date or be taken, this way I can completely enjoy every person in their entirety that I meet and am blown away by." Now I know this isn't going to happen, but it is still appealing. However I also know you should be able to enjoy them just the same taken or not. Life presents us with endless opportunities to cease, and I like to cease everyone I possibly can.
     This weekend a body builder from my lifting group came in from out of town, and it happened at the end of a frustrating and long week. My weight wasn't doing what I expected it to, work is slow and I'm making very little money, I'm comparing myself to lifters feeling inadequate and weak, and I needed to get my mind off of ...me. Yes, I said it. I was thinking about all the negative things in my own life, and I needed to be able to engage in someone else's life and spend some time off of me. I'm not saying I don't engage in general, I'm known at work for my nosey-ness. I like to know what's going on in people's lives and how they're doing.
     He didn't get in until 9:30 Saturday, which, everyone knows night time isn't my thing. Usually. I let go of my cutting thoughts, went to Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time in my life, enjoyed it, didn't fall asleep either. We hit Red Box, got a movie (which I didn't have to pick), definitely fell asleep through that. Sunday, I took the morning off, made epic pancakes (first person to stay over that doesn't sleep until 10), drove to Jackson, drove back. Come 1, hunger impinged and Chipotle and Ben & Jerry's were consumed. By then, it was time for him to hit the road home, and me to breathe before I went to work.
     So all in all, not like we went to an amusement park, or a $100 dinner, or did something that was absolutely mind blowing, but I got to spend time with another person, and learn about them. As my "About Me" says, I don't carry much of a social life, which as it also says, I don't mind. However, I still enjoy those times like those 18 hours where I forget that I'm dieting, or that I only DL 145, or that I work and make little money.





No comments:

Post a Comment