Monday, May 21, 2012

Realization of Being Friendless.

As known, I went to Mi this weekend to hang out with the same guy that came down to Tn not long ago. I honestly didn't exactly know what I was getting into other than working out, eating Ice cream, and meeting a second team member.
When I got there, I met more people than I ever expected to. Friends, family, clients, the works. We went out to eat, to motor cross races, to the gym, anything. There's multiple reasons I always hate going home from trips, and this shoved in my face the largest one. I hang out with no one, I don't socialize, and all I do is work or workout. Even when I want to do other things, I don't know people to do them with. I go on trips and people have friends they grew up with or have known for years. I want that with such a passion, but all I see are drinkers, or those with little ambition, those that don't want to work; the people that won't push you towards something better than you are. I honestly hate it. While I understand eating out can get in my way with my hobby, how about a WO partner, or someone that has a hobby of their own they pursue that I can support?
This trip made me want to look at how much I work and make a decision to spend time with people, except that i lack those people. I feel as though in many areas of my life I'm being forced to practice patience. I'm not terrible at it, but as with most, it's a weak area for me. Sometimes people need time, or in this case, the desired outcome takes time to develop and cannot fulfill instant gratification desires. The worst part about patience, is that even after embracing it, the desired outcome may. Not be achieved. Not that instant gratification always comes through, but you didn't invest effort into it, therefore you don't lose much when it's a fail.
The Michigan chronicles will continue, I'm sure of it. I could take an hour and tell you about everyone that I encountered and the actuality of who they were versus who they look like or what I pegged them as.

No comments:

Post a Comment