Saturday, June 2, 2012

Farewell Dear Sanity.


     

     Well, after getting next week's work schedule with 12 hours, I snapped. I was in the car with my mom, and told her that I was very tempted to make my move still, even after going back and forth and having decided to stay. I started making calls, getting excited, and to my surprise, all the doors were still open for me to be able to go (thanks God). I honestly don't know how I got the date decided, but I chose to drive out June 21. June 19, 2007, I moved here and almost exactly 5 years later I'll be heading out. The reason a commercial moving company was going to be used last time, was the inability of my parents to drive a truck across the country. In an effort to save thousands (~3k) I decided to fly someone from OR to drive over with me. Between now and the 18th I have to pack and cancel all services I use (like Comecast), and close out my life in TN. The 17th is my last day at work, the 18th I pick up my truck and pack my kitchen, the 19th, the movers come to load my truck, the 20th driver 2 arrives, and the 21st we head out for what we think will be a three day drive.
     Between Thursday and Friday, I rented the truck, cancelled my lease on my current apartment, got an apartment in Corvallis, OR, scheduled movers in Tn, gave my 2 week notice, bought the other driver's plane ticket, talked to Comcast, scheduled my groupon (so I didn't lose it), locked my keys in my car- losing $75, and lost my plane tickets I had scheduled- losing $575. Now.... I sort through my stuff, use all the food I can, pack, and try to stay calm about the amount of money flying out of my bank account. That's probably what scares me the most, as I'll have to support myself when I get there.
     On the training front, cut is going along still. I've been at 120 for over two weeks now, and thus a macro drop was in order. I'm surprised majorly at the progress I've made already, and I'm even more excited to get the scale moving again and see what else I posses! When I move, I don't know how training will go, if I'll get to stick with 3dmj at first, or what, but I'll of course be training diligently.
     I have to say, people Im sure are thinking about my going back and forth and such, but there are several people who are very supportive. One, my friend Eric, backed me, and made sure I knew it was a healthy decision. Two, my dad, who was frustrated about the changing of my mind last minute, but felt completely that this was what I was supposed to do. Three, my best bud Debbie, who already is planning to spend Thanksgiving with me. Who has friends like me? Few.


No comments:

Post a Comment