Thursday, June 28, 2012

Life Surprises and Old Friends.

     I'm still kicking here in Oregon! My parents arrived late Tuesday night, after missing their flight. When they saw where I was currently living they were definitely no wanting me to stay here. Which I'm cool with since I find it a little scary myself. It's cute, and could be fun for an experience, but not great. I'm headed to start my new job next week, and hopefully find a temporary gym and a small routine should happen. I'll move out in a month, and the new place has a W/D, and is very close to many things for walking, which is exactly what I didn't want to leave here. Yes, it costs more, and yes it's no where near my job, and I'm worried about not finding employment there, but it's a year, and I can make it a year.
     Since Monday, I'm up in weight and I don't feel so awesome. That vacation fat whale effect. I'm very ready to open my kitchen, set up my bed, and have stuff out and in sight and useable. There is a grocery store at the end of my road that is absolutely epic. It's got heaps of options, like a whole foods but cheaper. The bulk section is like heaven.
     A day after I moved in, Chris Davey got in. We all know I'm an internet fein, and I meet people from everywhere. Also known that I love AU, and that I go to good lengths to see and meet people. Never in my life have I had someone do the same just to meet me. I've known Chris over a year now, and we met just how me and Travis did, Myfitnesspal. We're both foodies, and we both lift, and we both are just happy people. You never know how a person is going to be different between the internet and in person, and rarely do I get nervous when I'm about to do such a thing. (I wasn't here). There's so much to be learned about and from people from other cultures! I was greeted by a stylish man with very bright blue eyes, and a slight accent. Not much taller than I, a quiet talker, with a radiant smile and a soft soul. Most of the population talks the same, and their heart can't be told through their voice, but Chris' tone and volume feel like a tiny window into his true intentions. Unusual, no?
     Chris, my parents, and I, ventured into the city to check out the food truck lot, which I loved so much in December. It was just as impressive to them as it had been to me. I went with a Yellow curry, after introducing him to Ethiopian Injera, and he got an Argentinian Empanada and then went back for a full Ethiopian experience. The rents also endeavored into Ethiopian - something everyone should taste! We then went to "Made in Oregon" to get his Oregon shot glass to add to the states collection he's acquired, then hit the bus to a gym in Milwaukee. We lifted, rode back into Portland, and headed to Voodoo Donuts! 2 hours later, we were at Market of Choice, back in Corvallis to get more Arctic Zero - only after we taste tested the frozen yogurt next door without buying any. Market of Choice was a beauty we discovered the day before. Comparable to a Whole Foods, except cheaper. It's within walking distance to my current apartment, but there's not going to be one in Salem unfortunately. We both bought loads of stuff the day prior, but just went back for Arctic Zero round two.
     Today we're disk golfing, buying him luggage for all the food he's acquired, turning in my lease termination papers, buying more groceries, making waffle ...or pancakes... and unpacking some kitchen!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment