Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blessings and Tears.

     I feel as though, my life is in a normal for the next about month. I have a home, a TON of food, I've rearranged so you can walk, we set up my bed, I'm supposed to start work this week, and I know where I'll be tomorrow. And next month. I can eat to hit my macros, I can workout when I want, and I can get on Bodybuilding when I feel friendless. I'm settled for now, but in exactly 3 weeks, I have to pack up again, and move to Salem. While this hurts my wallet, I'll be in a great location just like now, and in a place my parents and I are more comfortable with.
     Tuesday my parents head back to TN, and while I'm very sad I won't have them here, I'm not jealous of being there. It's SO hot there, and not even 70 here. I'm very happy with the decision I made, but I know very well that there will be mood swings very quickly until I find people that remember my name, and that I can get to know. It's the same when you move anywhere, but this is the first time I've moved away from the people I know. Sure, I have a boyfriend that will be 5 miles from me, but he has a life too. He works, and has family and friends. I have to find those things for myself here. I cry, and I'm happy, and I just try to change what I'm doing when I find myself feeling down.
     My parents pulled out the blessing bomber this weekend. I wasn't expecting anything as I shared with them the different things I have arranged and the circumstances. My new gym doesn't allow the use of their stereo system, and I used the Y's to dance alone. I planned to take the money they will give me back after doing 10 cardio classes and buying some speakers for my phone. Also, restocking all the food I've used up so I could move, is expensive. Third, I'm unpacking as little as I can as I have to repack in 3 weeks. Fourth, my new place has a fan over the dining room for your dining room table, which I never had since I use my computer desk. The next day, my parents told me they were taking me to buy what ever food I wanted, a kitchen table, and a stereo to dance with. I was in such shock, and overly thankful for their blessings. I never saw it coming. You know how sometimes you tell your parents something in hopes they'll get it for you since you can't, or they'll help you out? I've done it. We've probably all done it. This wasn't that, this was me sharing how things are going and coming, and they just surprised me.
     On a random note, we all know I met my BF online about 19 months ago. No one except me had met him in person until the 20th of June, 2012. When meeting someone online, that in person contact with people you know is vital. It brings an accountability for their actions, and it gives you a chance to get others' opinions on this person as well. Even before they met him, my parents adored Travis. I knew they would like him, but I had no idea it would be this much. They talk about it a lot, and he likes them as well. It's a great feeling to have the approval of those so close to you, but it definitely has taken me by surprise. Another helpful part of it, is that my mom can watch him, and hear him, and get to know him, and she's able to make educated assessments of what's really going on, or alternative ways things may be meant as she knows how he acts and thinks.


No comments:

Post a Comment