Monday, December 31, 2012

Oh The Mysteries of 2013.


     It's time for goals! This year has been such a roller coaster, via injury, emotional things, mental things, my lifting goals were hard to accomplish. Not to mention, my bodyweight bench last year was awful form. I may have not hit paper goals for the year, but I certainly exceeded expectations of myself in how to handle situations and how to be independent.
  1. Start a true bulk  ☑
  2. Appreciate people for the little things  ☑
  3. Retain my bodyweight bench press
  4. Improve my verbal expression of my feelings  ☑
  5. Try making my own sammich bread
  6. Add 10lbs to my row, lat pull, and incline

They weren't as successful as last year. This year?
  1. Enjoy the process - BT, relationships, school
  2. Raise my GPA by .2
  3. Add $1,000 to my current savings account total
  4. Quit drinking soda
  5. Do 100 consecutive pushups/situps

     This year excites me, because I have so many new things coming my way. The Army and its trainings, full time school, the opportunity to make more friends, personal income raises... a lot of fears about this year are all components I have the capability to control myself, and when you control your own pass or fail, the weight is much heavier. I desire to push myself harder than I want to, in order to achieve things I don't think possible.

     I go home in a week, and I will hit the ground running and ready to crash through the walls that face me be it emotionally, physically or mentally. I have massive satisfaction in the fact that I'm choosing my future instead of letting it come about as it desires. As always, my 2013 will kick off with a long prayer for everyone I've ever encountered.


No comments:

Post a Comment