Monday, December 31, 2012

Oh The Mysteries of 2013.


     It's time for goals! This year has been such a roller coaster, via injury, emotional things, mental things, my lifting goals were hard to accomplish. Not to mention, my bodyweight bench last year was awful form. I may have not hit paper goals for the year, but I certainly exceeded expectations of myself in how to handle situations and how to be independent.
  1. Start a true bulk  
  2. Appreciate people for the little things  
  3. Retain my bodyweight bench press
  4. Improve my verbal expression of my feelings  
  5. Try making my own sammich bread
  6. Add 10lbs to my row, lat pull, and incline

They weren't as successful as last year. This year?
  1. Enjoy the process - BT, relationships, school
  2. Raise my GPA by .2
  3. Add $1,000 to my current savings account total
  4. Quit drinking soda
  5. Do 100 consecutive pushups/situps

     This year excites me, because I have so many new things coming my way. The Army and its trainings, full time school, the opportunity to make more friends, personal income raises... a lot of fears about this year are all components I have the capability to control myself, and when you control your own pass or fail, the weight is much heavier. I desire to push myself harder than I want to, in order to achieve things I don't think possible.

     I go home in a week, and I will hit the ground running and ready to crash through the walls that face me be it emotionally, physically or mentally. I have massive satisfaction in the fact that I'm choosing my future instead of letting it come about as it desires. As always, my 2013 will kick off with a long prayer for everyone I've ever encountered.


No comments:

Post a Comment