Thursday, January 31, 2013

Time, Slow Down.

     When I was younger, I always wondered how time could possibly go faster when you get older like everyone over 25 would say. Or parents who didn't want their kids to grow up. Now that I don't spend my days sitting at school or watching TV, I now know exactly what is meant. I no longer can remember where I was two days ago, and by Wednesday the week is so long it feels like it's Friday. The part of me that hates sitting and watching TV all day is jumping with joy, but the rest of me didn't see this coming and isn't sure about it. Weekends used to be the plague, now I can't wait to not do anything for 12 hours. I know, very unlike myself! I feel very out of touch with the people around me. The amount of time I have to catch up with those I love is too limited. If I have both the energy AND the time to get to the gym, score.
     I have a few disappearing weeks left before I forget what this life is like and take on a whole other one. Between two writing intensive classes, training, the occasional catering job, 4 lifting days, cardio, cleaning, dating, and things like going to buy groceries, I'm wondering where the nap button is.
     The past two weekends I've spent in Washington visiting dear friends that I grew up with, and loving it more than life. I'm independent, but across the country from family. If I could see my literal parents every weekend, what a glorious thing. This would be the next best thing, whether we bowl, watch tv, or explore, I could care less, as long as I'm with the people I love.
     I wish I could sit and go into the details of all the things I've experienced lately, and to think it's only been 3 weeks that I've been home, now that's insane. I've been granted in-state tuition prices, for which I let out a scream, I've essentially not worked for money in 2 months, I've learned how prickly Sgt Majors are, I've made new acquaintances, I've been on my first military base, I've bought new clothes, I've learned I have one month left with my lifting coach and won't be returning, I've slept in (what?!), I've driven 10 hours two weekends in a row and loved it, I've started liking Club Dance here after making connections with people, and so much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment