Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My First Pull Up!

     I did my first pull up!!! YES! I've waited months for this! I can't really do more than one, but the first is supposed to be the hardest ;) My dad (T) will be SO proud! Today has been a workout PR kind of day. I pressed 438lbs, and hack squatted 224. I never have been able to get accurate numbers on those because of unknown sled/machine weights. Well, my school's gym has marked machines! YAY! My leg press goal has been 540 for a bit, and I never ever thought I'd see that. Looks like a bright future!
     My next goal I've had is to bench my body weight. While I've been 14-18lbs from that for about 3 weeks now, I'm going tomorrow to see if I can become a smidgen closer! Patience is key in the business of muscle! Makes my day so much better when I have mini accomplishments in the things that matter to me!
     2 week from today. That's RIGHT :D I will be in Baltimore exactly 2 weeks from this second! (pretty much to the second actually) I had a goal to have some kind of Ab definition, any at all really, by then, but with work, and blah blah, I think that will be a missed goal. But hey, you can't win them all, now can you.
     I've had the great pleasure of working out with people this week. I push a lot more weight when I'm talking to someone, as I'm not thinking about how much weight I'm pushing ;-). There's more than one advantage to having someone with you. You get a spot, someone to talk to between sets, someone to comment on all the weird things you're witnessing, and then that good distraction.
     While I'm blessed to be working, I'm very quickly learning to cherish the days I'm off ....Like today. But I'm sure I'll regret not using today to pack in all the homework I need to do. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment