Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'll Make It Out The Other Side! (Hopefully)

     So while I really appreciate being employed, and I still do love it, it's rough. Rough Rough. My night ended in some shed tears in bed last night. Slept until 7:30 this morning, which is un heard of for me. My body is wiped. I'm ready for Thanksgiving more than anything. I start another round of UD2 today, and just as last week, I have zero desire to do so. I'm teetering on over doing it, and I'm reading my body carefully to keep from over training, or getting sick. Training on an already sore, and tired body, is rough mentally and physically. I'm ready to take a day and just do what I want. I do get Monday evening off from work, but I'll be in Springfield, as always. Thank God!
     I'm practically living off of caffeine pills, just so I can keep a smile through shifts. However, no amount of golden heart and smiling will earn you good money, as I've very quickly learned. Some people you want to dump their drink on. Others, you want to just hug. I can however, thank God that I have loving co-workers, and bosses who have been there and understand. After about 3 mess ups last night, there was no yelling at Jenn, there was a "I'll see you in the morning", and a good night. I feel as though they realize we're going to feel like crap about mess ups and them mentioning it, or getting mad won't make anything better.
     Only up side I'm seeing to my 2 weeks of dieting that are left, are the fact that I can take out stress and such at the gym. I'm like the shiny new toy at work that everyone wants to have. It's very weird to me, and I've never been in that position, but I also am having to be very careful, and modify my personality slightly as to not come across as wanting that sort of attention. Which can take a lot of energy to watch every word I say, or every motion I make.
      I have a few goals, like @$250 a week, to total 1K a month. Would be grand! The company sets goals for us, and I'm blowing the roof of off alcohol sales. At the end of every shift, which isn't a set time, could be a hour, could be 5 hours, you get to roll about 50 silverware, and clean your section. I realize these are reasonable things, but when you're getting paid $2 a hour to do so, and it's taking you an hour to finish all of it, one is ready to scream when they walk out those doors. My feet are usually screaming, I feel like I need a shower, and ready to hit the bed. In addition to these things, I almost never nail my uniform. No collar on my shirt, you need a high cut shirt to cover the tattoo, wear a belt, someday!
     Over. And. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment