Sunday, October 30, 2011

She's A Workin' Girl Now!

     Got the job at Ruby Tuesdays, Mt. Juliet. I'm a server, and in training. Only one day left of training actually. It's much less formal than I had expected, and I enjoy knowing how restaurants work, I'd always wondered! There's a lot of down time, when pretty much no body is there, which isn't helpful, but as far as first jobs go, I think it will be a win. The toughest part is learning the menus.
     This gets rid of a lot of my free time, I just have to make sure I don't fall behind on school work. I'm working on class planning for next semester, and I'm thinking I'll take a summer class. Easier, leaves me with less free time, and I won't be as slammed this coming semester. Of course, I have no way to know what I'll be doing during the summer, so it's all in the air. Too many decisions!
     3.5 Weeks until Baltimore, and 6 until Oregon! Got my exams rescheduled, and I'm ready for time to fly! If only I could jump ahead about 3 weeks. I'd be in heaven! Working brunch this morning, gym, groceries, and church when I get off. Nice to have things I need to do! We had a food show on Thursday, which is where they prepare about 20 dishes and show us, then we can eat them. Well, I ate PLENTY. I have plenty of things to recommend to guests! Veggie options, and such, which the other staff thought was bland.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment