Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Because You Deserve it.

Have you ever had someone look at you and say "I'm giving you .... because you deserve it." As in, you're valuable, and you're good enough to have this gift. I think it's kind of assumed when we get something that the person giving it felt it was deserved. Someone might talk about you saying "they deserve better," but how often does someone look at you and say it? I've only ever had one person do it to me. A lot like how I believe we should tell people on a regular basis how we feel about them, I believe we should say the things out loud that are sometimes assumed. Both of these practices are often exhibited in a blooming couple, but lost later. Forget it in friendships. Sometimes family.. but usually just that you love them. Or you couldn't live without them. Not something that isn't ever said like "you're worth it and deserve it". When I go to say something as such, I first think "How would I feel if someone said it to me?" and usually I'm like ....whoa! Every once in a while I feel like I have to, or appear to be fishing for the acknowledgment. As in, I say it just to hear it. Which can be true, not usually, but can be. There are days when you just need to hear a genuine statement. The moments however, that mean the most, are when you're not doing anything, or saying anything, it just comes out of someone's mouth out of left field. If someones means a fair amount to me, I want to make sure not only that they know that, but that they realize it's no matter what, its always, and that they feel like they're worthy, and worth it. If you ask me where this comes from, I can't tell you. Could it be that I felt like I wasn't, or that I needed to hear such things more in the past? I'm not sure. All I can tell you, is that I'm making sure others can't confirm that exact statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment