Wednesday, October 12, 2011

What If?

     Someone said something to me yesterday, which we hear all the time, and I know it, but I suppose in this particular context I hadn't thought about it. We only have one life, and I don't want to spend mine wondering "What if I had?" I've unknowingly already applied this to areas of my life, just didn't look at it through this glass. When I dropped culinary. If I hadn't, I would've looked back thinking "What if I HAD done what I wanted.. Would I be happier?" Or.. "What if I had stayed with weight loss... where would I be? Sure glad I can't think those things now. Both life changing, and I feel I made the right decision with both.
     Do you live making sure that you can't look back on something big and say "What if I had?" I can't explain why this struck me so deeply, but it did. Why do we let things stop us, when we aren't going to get another chance. What could we possibly have to lose that we can't get back later? One Life. No "I can do it in 3 years" stuff. One chance. Use the opportunities wisely. Spontaneity is a word for a reason. Ok, so maybe I would be well balanced by a half that thinks through things thoroughly, but what are parents and friends for? To bounce ideas off of.. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment