Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Ides of March

     I went to see this film, and it was good. I almost recommended my Fundamentals of Government teacher offer it as extra credit...... but I withdrew from that class yesterday. Yep, you read me. I was faced with so much reading, and things I'd never heard of in my life. While I know that's the entire point of schooling is to learn new things, I can only handle so much. I'm an adequate reader, when you put reasonable amounts of reading in front of me, or of course, it's something that interests me. Honestly, the information was actually quite interesting. It talked about the power in the governments of the world, and the kinds of governments, electoral systems, and so on. Stuff worth knowing about! I just don't absorb it nearly as fast as they're throwing it at me. This does make me feel stupid, but there's not a whole lot I can do about it. A friend of mine dislikes college because they take a semester to teach him what he can learn in a much shorter period of time. SIGH. On an up, perhaps now I can put some time into math, which I should be getting much better grades in.
     Other happenings today? Finished up my first bulk. Was alright... Nothing too special, except the satisfaction of weekly strength increases. Things have been learned. Such as when you put excruciatingly large amounts of weight on a standing calf raise, it will cause you to bruise! Or... when you have a spotter, you're likely to get more reps because of the psychological aspect that you know you won't die. Lastly, I got caught under my first barbell. It was a shining moment!
     What now? I have 6 days off, then I cut for 5 weeks before going to Baltimore for Thanksgiving. My family there hasn't seen me in 3 years, and well... I'm MUCH different than I was then! When I get back, I'll have 2 weeks of school left before I hop on a plane to OR. Can't describe my excitement for both of these things. As previously stated, I have an airplane obsession, so I'm psyched! Baltimore is a one way, but Oregon is obviously returning (sadly). My first post of the year was about my goals, one of which was to make it to CO..... so I booked a flight that had a layover there! I know, I'm silly, but it counts. I might get stranded there even since I had to book the worst airline in existence, but hey... I'll be there!
     Lastly, just incase you wanted to know... I can't cook rice. Don't laugh at me. I can make any breakfast in your imagination, but rice isn't something I'm capable of concocting!

No comments:

Post a Comment