Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Where Would I Be Without You?

     Just so you know, the cookies are definitely gone. I have to make those more! I'm making muffins this week too, so expect those :-). I did deadlifts with crap form yesterday (working on that!) and I'm feeling sore in places I wasn't aware you could 0.o.
     Have you ever wondered where you would be without the influences of certain people? Almost the what if game, but in a positive manner. For me, with out Nichole Miller, I have no clue what I would look like or be doing. She introduced me to the weight floor. Yep. That was only 8 short months ago! Where would I be without Jc Deen, who subconsciously showed me it's ok to not do what's considered right. Or where would I be without Lori Reel, who told me week after week that the weight would one day come off. How about Debbie Fields who taught me to be creative when my poor mother wasn't born with such a streak? Where would I be without Amber Toothman who gave me situations in which I learned people are who they are and judgment isn't what they need? Perhaps Melissa Minarik who showed me kindness to others in tough situations is always the way to go. How about "Dan" who showed me what not to look for in a significant other? Would I be healthy without Rachel Shear who pushed me out of my comfort zone? Where would I be if it weren't for TJ who helped me when my family couldn't, and didn't know to?
     It's not easy to look back at your entire life and think about lessons learned from people, or those who taught them. Of course we all know about one or two people who coined a phrase for you that helps you through life, or a family member that's "always been there for you", but what about those random people throughout your life thus far, that were there, or that showed you how to live, just by living. Those are the ones I'm talking about. What if you told them they had an impact on your life? How would you feel if someone told that to you? I don't think I'd believe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment