Saturday, December 17, 2011

Every Trip Leaves You With Something.

     I feel as though I always learn new things on my vacations. Life lessons, fun facts, whatever.
On this one? Well.. Marionberries are exclusively grown in OR. Oregon is a lot like CO. I can in fact get tired of a lack of savory food. You can't buy weed, you must "donate" to get it. A simple gesture from someone can make you feel worth it. 24 hour fitness is very over priced. Trying to eat with multiple dietary restrictions is quite challenging, but fun. I can manifest my fear as doubt. I like Florence + The Machine more than I thought.
     The people here are just as, if not more friendly than they are in Nashvegas. The man at starbucks about a mile walk from where I'm staying (which I walk to a lot), asked me today if I was home sick. Really? The people in Hermitage don't even remember where I am right now, and he knows I'm from Nashville? Thank you. How about the people on the bus?! They love to talk, and I feel like I've made so many friends, more than I've ever made in hermitage, and I only have been here 8 days.
     I ran out of yogurt this morning, well, I think SOMEONE ate it, but, I'll never know. Therefore, I asked for a cup with a pump of SF hazelnut syrup, and got a single serve yogurt, put in my protein, and mixed it up. Yep, the things one does for protein! ....Then I ate a giant Chocolate Chunk Cookie :-) I've had about 4 this week. It's delightful. This vacation, as solitudal as it's been, has been amazing. The people, Travis, Josh/Jake, the Starbucks cashier, the man at starbucks I go to the gym here with (Who just offered me a ride to the airport), the man at starbucks who wants to hear my story, the man on the bus from Hawaii... They've created an experience. The sights; the beautiful river, the city lights, the mall, the Santas, the bridges, the store fronts, they've imprinted in my mind. The way the city is laid back (...pot capital of the nation...) is so nice. I live my life rushing from place to place, and it's been so perfect to not have to speed to get somewhere on time, or not worry when someone isn't on time to meet me, or have to wonder if I'll make it there on time by bus. I just do what I want, all day, and have no where I HAVE to be. Walking... I've spent the trip walking miles a day. Through the city, to the store, to the bus stop, to starbucks, everywhere, I just walk. On my way here this morning, I thought... this isn't much different than where I am. I could walk to places too. I might just try it :-)
This is one trip that won't ever leave my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment