Thursday, December 15, 2011

How's the Vacation?!

     It's great. Some things aren't as I had expected them to be, but others are much better. Portland downtown is magical. I saw things I've never before; Snow in a mall, food trucks, a city Xmas tree.
     I'm making friends everywhere. I had a guy give me a ride from the gym, and another man ask me to e-mail him the life story I've been writing for 8 years. Yes..... I've written 5 books, front and back pages for 8 years this coming February. He gave me some interesting ideas, and really wanted to read it. he said... not many people write their story. And write it for that long. I'm not done; when I'm having a rough day or I need someone to talk to I write to myself to let it out. Or when it's something I don't want someone else to know. Which makes sharing it with him harder, but I can alter things accordingly.
     Yesterday and today are kind of rough days for me. There's been great and there's been sad. I'm eating what I want and I'm enjoying myself, and I don't feel like a whale as I did over thanksgiving. I've had pizza, mexican, ice cream, vietnamese, and what ever else I've wanted. And I'm happy. However, as we've all seen, I met a guy when I came out here. That's half the reason I came to begin with. And now it's bye for a long while. Let's just say... bad day to wear make up right? But I'll be okay. Because I have no other choice.
     I found a gym and I'm training, eating, riding the bus, hitting the city, starbucks, shops, just spending time with myself. Which, at some moments is very dangerous, and at other, very great. I've got a huge list of things to do when I get home, and back to work. Forget Christmas, I haven't even thought about it. And it's barely a week away. Yikes. Honestly, I have no desire to go back to TN, which I knew was coming. But life can't always be how you want it to be. So go back I shall. Smiling or not.
     I'm loving eating what sounds good, and waking up feeling just as great as when I left. I know if I did this as my life, I'd go broke, and feel like crap, but a week is a nice break from my obsessive nutrition habits :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment