Thursday, December 29, 2011

Food, How I Love Thee!

     I just made the MOST amazing Sammich. Oh buddy. I felt like I was ....in Italy. I bought a panini press before I moved. I don't use it too much, but I really should more. It's epic! Mine's Breville, and you can change one of the plates to make it more of a flat pan kind of surface.
     I don't exactly remember where I came about the idea, and I've made them before, but I got a hankering for sammiches, so you're about to see some really good ones. Trial and error though. I wasn't shy with my ingredients; I used ciabatta, and fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil, and fresh mozz... ok it was ALL fresh!

Recipe?!

3.5 oz Ciabatta cut in half
2 Large Tomato Slices
3Tbs Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce
1 oz Mozz
3 Basil Leaves
2tsp Butter

Butter your bread, put sauce, then tomato, then cheese, then basil.
Press er! I could've gone longer to melt the cheese more, but I needed to turn my heat down if I was to do so.



Be ready to die while you chew :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment