Saturday, December 3, 2011

One Down, One To Go. And Missed Exams!

     It's been a bit! I've gotten busy though, which I love because I'm not bored sitting around wondering what I can do. I'm on the run, sometimes too much. My first trip that was to Baltimore is over. I got sick the day after Thanksgiving and I'm still working on getting rid of it. I enjoyed it, generally, but Thanksgiving for me, is like placing an alcoholic in a bar. I love the family, and I met members that have joined in the last 3 years, or that just never come to gatherings. When I first walked in the door, everyone was beyond shocked at my transformation, which made it even more worth it. I did okay I suppose on my eating, well, I wouldn't say okay, but I did better than in the past. The following day I wanted to go straight home. I was completely miserable. I got to keep my regular gym schedule simply modifying the exercises to accommodate the equipment available, and my uncle took me to his gym once. I was extremely proud of my control on the 13.5 hour drive back. Usually all I do is eat. Not this time. This time I actually kept it less than my normal days, which is fair seeing as I was sitting in a car all day.
     My second trip is a week from today! I'm quite excited. I've never been on a trip as an adult, just me, so it's going to be fun. I'm staying with my brother, and who knows what we'll get into. He said they go to the gym, which is good for me, because I will literally go insane if I go 8 days without eating my food and working out. It's SO uncomfortable for me. At the least the gym--the food I generally can do okay with when it's not national feasting holiday!
     We've gotten completely new management at work, and it's quite an adjustment. They're much stricter, and they want us to do a LOT of extra work (like cleaning). We did some before, but not like this. It's not that bad, as they're having us start working as a team, but I'm having to lie about some of my work being done, which isn't me at all. Nothing intense, I said I cleaned the lamp shades when I hadn't, but a lie is a lie. When I've worked serving for 3 hours, rolled 50 silverware, done side work, etc, the last thing I desire to do is wipe the walls down in my section. However I believe the service will improve and busy nights will run smoother.
     My exams...... are 4 days after I fly out of the state. Yes. No bueno. I only have 4 classes, one of which doesn't have an exam, one of which I did manage to get rescheduled, one of which I find out Monday if I can take early, and the other isn't looking too promising. Completely my mistake, but it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment