Friday, September 2, 2011

Annnnnd It's Over!

     "Week 1" psssh.. they're all the same in my book. Classes don't make me nervous, and I always try to set myself up for success when picking them. Hence my reason for dropping a dumb english class. Not going to risk a drop in GPA just to fit in the mold. Not to mention it would've sucked. Haven't gone to my new class yet, but I'm not expecting it to suck too bad. Only one day of it next week. I absolutely adore my Spanish, History, and Music classes. The teachers are so great, and they give you a change to try before it's cut off. My math teacher... he's a total jerk face. He pretty much treats everyone like they're an idiot. Not ok in a classroom setting. Not that it's ok anywhere, but especially in an environment engineered for learning.
I have homework in them all, which is great by me. Gives me something to do with my free time. I know.... I'm a sad kid. But it's not too often you run over in classes and are happy to. It's my place. I told my mom my first semester last year... I'd be a professional student it if was a profession! I love learning. The only time I don't, is when I'm in the hole, struggling. I like a challenge, but I don't like to have a constant fear of failure. There's a good balance there.
     Today was a carb up.... Marathon eater... Right here! I thought to myself: "Wonder if anyone is watching all this craziness.." I got a foot long subway sammwhich, then I went and got 3 bagels.... then I got an iced latte. I had pretzels, poptarts, oatmeal, and beans other times too. But that stuff wasn't really as public-a-tized. Anyways, if I saw someone eating like that... I would think they just went through a bad break up or are depressed!
     I have a college friend! Everyone says you meet your life long friends when you're in college. I haven't met anyone awesome in my classes yet, and there are no hot guys in any... sad day. But in July when I went to orientation, I met a girl who was also 17, and we started talking. When I went to find my classes a week prior to starting, I invited her to come find hers too. I'm a very invested friend, but I've never met anyone that is invested in friendship quite the same way as I. Except for my BFF on St. Croix. Well, my new friend is quite invested. Her name is Melissa by the way! She lives in the Boro, but not on campus. She's Christian, enjoys working out as well, calls all the time, and has an open schedule. So we're quite alike. What takes me back about her.... is that we haven't been friends for long, but she just calls all the time. It cracked me up the first time ...or 3... that she did it. I've never had someone call me so much, especially someone I'm not really close with. I love it though! She puts the effort into a friendship like I do! It's pretty great. I'll probably end up living down there at some point, and I'm excited to be able to hang out with her more when I'm closer. But she's coming to my house for the holiday on Monday to cook out, then we're hitting the gym. And we have a free membership at the school, so we like to go there too. Not that really any of this is important, but anyways :)
     I have to learn all 193 countries in the next two weeks. Spelling included. Wish me luck! I feel like it's a good assignment though. It's for my government class, yes, not geography. Government. Anyways, we're talking about governments from different countries, and how can we go about that if we have no idea where they are? Exactly. Great thinking to that teacher!

Been rocking out to this everyday lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment