Friday, August 26, 2011

2 Weeks Before College.

     Two weeks ago, I hit the ultimate boredom wall. Summer is one of my least favorite seasons. Way too much time, and nothing to do. I moved, I went to Atlanta a lot, but those things don't last long. Therefore, two weeks ago, when someone suggested something called The Ultimate Diet 2.0, I was quite interested. It's actually a book, not just something someone told me about. So, I started reading. I started googling. I started thinking. After hours of searching, reading, learning, and deciding, I said... Why not? It's two weeks, not enough time to cause damage, and it's complicated enough that it gives me something to do. I spent hours writing pages of plans, and figuring out, as a vegetarian what I would be able to eat to get in what it says to.
     At times, it was boring still, after I finished the planning, but I always had/have it on my mind. Always working on or looking at what is coming, what I've accomplished, or what others have. I initially didn't want to post about it, because it looks extreme. And well, maybe it's not just how it looks, maybe it IS, but I enjoy the challenge, and it's safe done correctly. I've absolutely killed it. I've had to pull out my old self control, creativity, and patience. All things I'd missed in myself.
     My two weeks are coming to an end, and I said when I started, because of my lack of multitudes of fat to begin with, there would be no more fat loss after the two weeks. I'm totally fine with this. I no longer see a heavy person in the mirror. As a matter of fact, these two weeks have changed the way I see my reflection immesnsely. And I'm beyond greatful. I was tired of seeing a fat girl, when that's not what I was actually looking at. Tired of those fat days, and low self esteem moments. I didn't do a 180 however. I still see myself as I am, I don't think I'm the most gorgeous person out there, or the strongest, or skinniest, and I hope modesty is something I always posses. The minute I lose that, I've lost myself. But there's something to be said about confidence, and a lack of self loathing. Especially after you've had the opposite of those for a long time. I had a feeling this would only encourage what many would call my food or counting obsession, but it's been the total opposite. Because of the complexity, I plan the entire week the week before. Takes maybe an hour or so, and when the week comes, I don't have to think about anything. All I do is eat what I'm supposed to, and know that it fits because I already set it up. Such a relief.
    You may (or may not) be wondering what this UD2.0 thing is. It's a program to lose fat, while gaining or maintaining LBM (lean body mass). It's hard, and not for the faint of heart. Its right up my alley. I spend 3.5 days eating at a large deficit, and lifting higher rep lower weight full body. Come thursday, I do mid range rep, higher weight. After that workout, through Friday, I carb load. Saturday, I drop to low rep, high weight. And Saturday and Sunday are just normal eating days. Then you start over.
     I'm good at, and comfortable eating at large deficits. At first, I was concerned it might ignite my old fire of bad ways. But it opened my mind. It's showed me that under the right circumstances, the extremes I was putting myself through, can be ok. Few would agree, and I understand where they're coming from, because, months ago, I had a friend doing the same diet, and I told them they weren't being healthy, or they were hurting their body. Thank God they had patience with me though. They never told me what it was that they were doing, and I never asked. I figured it was something they came up with on their own. They're quite bright, and could explain it, so I figured they had done their research and put together a terrible plan. Months later, I run across it, and quickly realize it's what they were doing. After reading the material, I understand how it's ok. So when people doubt, I see no reason to attack. Quite the contrary, I understand exactly where they're coming from.
     School starts on Monday, and I'm so ready. Some aspects about it suck, like walking in the intense heat as fast as possible so I make it to my class across the world in only 15 minutes. What were these people thinking?! Some plus' too though. The Rec center is amazing, and it will be used by yours truly. I get out at prime traffic time, so after school is a great time to hit the gym while I let traffic die down! They have a lounge-ish area that resembles a mall good court. Win! I have friends there already. Win! Uhm..... that's about all I can think of, other than enjoying having some homework, or something to keep me occupied.


I really have an appreciation for the lyrics in this song. Enjoy :)


1 comment: