Monday, November 1, 2010

Conviction By Video

So, you need to see this.. http://crazylovebook.com/videos_stop.html

First off, let me just share, that when you continually find something wrong in other people, it's probably your biggest issue that you have deep denial about. For me, it's judgment. I constantly like to tell myself that I'm not nearly as judgmental as a lot of people out there, but I know that's not true. And, like Chan was just explaining, we won't judge ourselves on judgment day, or be judged against others. We will be judged by how well we followed God's commandments, and his word. So when we look around and say "I'll b ok, because they do stuff so much worse than I," We're not only judging to begin with, but we're just giving ourselves false hope!
Second conviction I got during his schpeal, is that.. We mistake the fact that God wants a relationship with us for he NEEDS a relationship with us. He does emphasize that God loves us deeply, which I most definitely accept to be true, and I don't, sadly, sit around thinking about how much God wants a relationship with me. However, at least I, myself find the thoughts of either nothing at all, or the assumption that he needs us in order for this whole idea of religion to work in the world. News flash to us all... he doesn't NEED anyone. He'll still be God with an army of 1, or and army of 10,000,000!
My third thought was just as he said.. can you imagine killing one of your own children?! I can easily admit I would NEVER kill one of my kids to make up for the wrong someone else has done in the world. Ain't happenin', no way, no how! I encourage you to remind yourself daily, that there is a person that was KILLED for YOU. Not for your neighbor, or the person sitting in the row behind you at church.. but YOU! How crazy is that? I know if I were to remember that all the time, I would want to honor their death so much better than I do right now. I would walk around thinking, " Am I making Jesus proud that he died for me, or would he be so ashamed that he gave up his valuable life for this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment