Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Don't Sweat It..

This book.. it's a MUST read! I'm being convicted of so much more than I would've ever imagined.

Loving God... is easy. It's fun, and painless, and even though we shouldn't love Him because of this.. it's ultimately rewarding. When we want to love God, that brings him more glory than probably any commandment you could ever follow.
Galatians 5:13-14 says "You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”" Loving God set's you free. When you love God, genuinely, you don't have to worry about heavy commandments, because when we love, we can't sin. In the same chapter, (v.6) the Bible says the only thing that counts in faith is expressing itself through love. Can you grasp that? Can you make every decision out of love? What exactly does love look like as an action? I certainly don't know any better than you... Perhaps it's all your own interpretation?

Psalms 63:3 says God's love is better than life. What does that even mean? We as humans only know the love we might feel towards a husband, or a girlfriend, or a dog. Yes, you might be willing to die for your spouse.. but would you say that that love is better than life itself? I'd like to think I could, but that concept is so abstract.... I'm not too sure I can wrap my head around it. Especially seeing as we may not feel as close to God in a personal way as we might to an earthly love. It's hard for me to think that God could know me better than a best friend or husband.

Alright..... I LOVE giving. It's uber satisfying, as I'm positive we all know. Unless buying gifts is hard for you... then it probably sucks! But....... for those of us with better gifting genes, it's amazing! Acts 20:35 says "It is better to give than to receive." So I have one question about this..... if you're giving.. someone has to be receiving? how does that work exactly? Does that mean some person out there will only be a receiver? Or does it mean pay it forward? Just a thought..

George Bernard Shaw- "This is true job in life, the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. 
Wow.

It's late. I'll tell you more later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment