Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Slow Readings.. :/

So, as you can tell by my lack of posts.. my reading is slowing down. Interestingly enough though.. when I do take a moment to read.. I knock out 10 pages or so and it feels like 10 minutes! I've made several changes since I started my little task of reading a simple book, I've started tithing, more than I can afford. So- out of my comfort zone? CHECK! God is on my mind.. a lot. So- more in love than before? CHECK! Love is something I consciously attempt to exhibit at all times, no matter my mood or emotional state. So- Treat others how I want to be treated? CH... IN PROGRESS! I've always wanted to be one of those "pray before you eat" people, which at family dinner we do, but not normally, so now.. I do! Acknowledge my thankfulness to God? CHECK! One major thing, which I never anticipated or even thought about as I started the book. ... My relationship with my parents have improved leaps and bounds! That makes me so pleased.. because in 6 months, when I move out, I don't want them to simply be a money source.. I want to enjoy coming home!
I'm still reading, between school and life.. I'm working on the "Obsessed" chapter right now, which explains what it looks like to be totally obsessed with our God. It has talked a lot about giving to the less fortunate, and this Christmas I'm giving money to someone who needs it rather than giving presents to the people around me. I have to say though, if I didn't get something for xmas.. I think I would be a little hurt. Hopefully someone will do the same to me, and I can power through that fleshly struggle with bliss! I'm not 100% sure how to get into the community of the homeless, I mean, I wouldn't want someone to feel like a charity case, but if I knew anyone that was homeless, they would be the first I would invite for thanksgiving and what not.. which makes me wish I did know people that needed a place to get a great meal!
Anywho, even though reading has slowed, my life is being impacted in GREAT ways, that make me so much prouder to have a relationship with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment