Saturday, November 6, 2010

Im not Christian.

Revelation 3:15-18 --> I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.


A Lukewarm Christian.. Isn't a Christian at all. You cannot half heartedly follow God, and still follow Him; He's all or nothing! Which to me says that the man down the street who's an atheist, and gets drunk 5 nights a week, yet loves way harder than I... Is more Christian than I. I'm quickly learning it's not all about the identification of the faith. Now, claiming themselves as an atheist, I know that they're denying God which means he will deny them as well. But, in the principle of love, and lukewarmness, they beat me! I'm probably contradicting myself by comparing myself, but does it still count if you are using it as an example? (Thin lines, thin lines...) The problem is, a change from lukewarm to boiling.... isn't something you can be made to do, it's 100% you. Most of us are more concerned about going to Heaven, and salvation than loving The King.. which is what the whole time here on Earth is about. LOVE.
I struggle, immensely with my wealth. I'm not poor, never have been. I don't understand what it's like to live on next to nothing. And, for some reason, even though I never have been in the position, one of my largest fears is struggling on my own. I know, not even that deep down.. that God provides. What is his record? When we look at a place to buy a car, or we look at someone to hire.. what is it we look at? Their history and record. Why is it any different with God? His history is he provides, provides, provides! Jesus tells us that the rich struggle entering Heaven. So why is it I'm worried to be rich? Shouldn't I be delighted in that which God wants for me; To be rich in spirit and poor in wealth.. I think so.
Do you appreciate it when someone compliments you or gives you praise out of guilt? So...... why would you praise God out of guilt? I'm sure I do this a lot, more than not most likely. Which sucks. Who wants to be able to admit that they praise God out of guilt and not pure love? However... It's not loving God the only place I struggle with that, like I said before--whole hearted anything is a stretch for me.
1 Corinthians 13:2-3 --> "If I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possessions to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." God assesses our lives based on love. Just after the last passage.. comes this: 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 --> "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends..... Faith, hope and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love." Could you replace your name in place of love and it be true? I can't.. Think about this: "Are you willing to say to God that He can have whatever He wants? Do you believe that wholehearted commitment to Him is more important than any other thing or person in your life? Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people He has made?" Wow!


I encourage you to take it a step at a time. Don't become overwhelmed with God so much to the point that He's a complete turn off to you. Think everyday about what you do, how you love, and what you say towards others. Is there a reason you can think of, to not better yourself in the eyes of your Father?
Mine today is that tomorrow, I'll tithe. Currently, my checkbook is lower than normal. However.. God provides, provides, provides! Little less Starbucks maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment