Wednesday, June 15, 2011

That Sweet Girl From Tennessee

     I've been listening to various songs, trying to decide which one presents my current mood best, both lyrically, and melodically, and I'm pretty sure this hits the spot.



     I was tempted to put "This is Home" by Switchfoot, as I feel a little different about what home is and where it is now, but the beat wasn't feeling it. Anyways.. Yesterday was a day of pretty bad boredom, which those days are bound to occur seeing as I have a month before school, well, a little less than now.
     I started out at Panera, having someone make breakfast for me, which I always love. I like cooking, but since I don't lead the average "eat out 4 meals a week" American lifestyle, I do a lot of cooking, and every once in a while, a break is nice. With the exception of this week ;). People always want to eat when they see you, which I'm not really a supporter of, but I feel bad saying no. As I knew I would, in my boredom, I hit the treadmill. What was intended to be 2 miles, turned into 3.25. I had my music on, was sweating, and had nothing better to do. Sitting on the couch more than I already had didn't appeal to any part of me. I finally decided not stop, and I headed to the Sumner co. Y to do chest and back with my wellness teacher I had at Vol State. We've been trying to coordinate forever, and finally made it.
     After that, not only did she think she was going to die (she spent three hours at the gym the day before after being gone a month-also out of boredom), but she was ready to do it again. It's hard to find motivated lifters, with good form, and know how- ok, it's actually not really common to hit a trifecta as such! Either way, every Tuesday we're now working out. To my surprise, she was ecstatic for the same thing I was, someone to workout with and someone who has genuine interest in you and your life!
I headed from there to a spin class. Only 30 minutes, but I just don't like spin. It's miserable. I feel like my quads are tearing with every rotation I do. Either way, I'll be going back. With my bike coming in this afternoon, spin is a fantastic was to train to ride harder, faster, and longer.
     I'm praying tomorrow I can figure out how to assemble the bike, and that it will fit in my living room :-) I need a helmet.. going to have to go buy that. Oh goodie! More money out the door. Also heading home tonight to workout with my family (my Y). I have quite the list of things to do while there: Run 3 miles, Dance it Out!, and ensure proper squat form (in addition to the entire leg routine).
     Babbling bout over.. off to walk some more out of boredom!

No comments:

Post a Comment