Thursday, June 30, 2011

Culinary School. Eww.

     Pros: Easy Schedule, Learning how to cook food with more flavor. (I have quite a bland pallet), Cooking isn't rocket science, I can help other people know how to make health food more enticing, my cousin works there, I can ride my bike there, it's unique, I'll learn new foods I've never heard of.
     Cons: I don't want to be in culinary as a career, one of my peers is wretched, it's expensive, my admissions girl is about to have a baby and won't be there, I'm vegetarian, being asked to sacrifice my lifestyle for school, it doesn't involve exercise ( ;-) ).
     Do I want to go? No. Will I be going? Yes. Do my parents know how I feel? Yes. Can I get a dietician degree later? Yes. Will this schooling help me later in life? Yes. Would I be allowed to not do it if I wanted? Yes, but I'd then have to move and find another school, etc.
     Don't follow my example children. I can bake! I cannot cook. I'm not creative when it comes to food. I eat the same stuff daily, and I'm fine with it! It makes me happy, and I like my food. It sounds terrible to completely defy an elder because I won't eat something. It's just food! ...I hope they understand and don't hate me. When a teacher tells you, even before school starts, that you're going to struggle, there's no reassurance there. Gee thanks. I keep telling my self it's 18 months. We're not talking a lifetime commitment here. Give me a reason to do my hair in the morning... let's try to look at the positives LOL.        I'm great at writing papers and doing homework ;-) hehe!
     I plan to finish it, get my ACE certification during it, get my DiO! certification during, and then start working somewhere I want as during school I'm planning to work anywhere. (Job fair in 2 weeks. Excited!) We'll see--I'm just riding the wave of life.
     On a more fun note, I'm going to Atlanta again in July to go to Six Flags for a day, and I'm going to DC to tour the capital for 3 or 4 days in August! ....I get to FLY to DC! I LOVE flying! You don't understand. If I could work 2 jobs at the same time (like half of America) I would work at a gym, doing PT and nutrition guidance, and I'd be a flight attendant! ...You don't have to tell me I'm insane. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment