Friday, June 17, 2011

What Is She Doing?

     Thursday morning: 7:45 AM. Head to my car, and bring up a box the size of me, which consists of a 30lb bike. 9:15AM Carry down front wheel of a bike, and other ...two thirds. 11:10AM unload front wheel of a bike, and other two thirds. 12:30PM Reload front wheel of a bike, and other two thirds. 1:45PM unload front wheel of a bike and other two thirds. 2:30PM leave empty handed. 4:30PM arrive with two TJ Maxx bags. 5:00PM load up the whole bike mess again. 6:00PM unload it for the last time.
I have to be the most odd neighbor people have ever seen. Like seriously? If I was watching people all day, I would be thinking "get a bike rack and consolidate trips you weirdo!" Little do they know my tire would pop if left in the heat. So my crazy isn't all THAT crazy, but still. Then in there somewhere, I tried to disassemble my bike box and put it in the trash.. Yea, I'm too short to reach the top of the dumpster, and it wouldn't fit through the side, so I naturally flattened it and left it next to the dumpster. Luckily some kind soul put it in for me :-)
     On to more important things. Recent events have been slightly thought provoking for me; I suppose everything is some how thought provoking, but some thoughts stick around longer. After moving, and talking to someone, I begin to wonder, why do we generally not tell people how we feel? I'm quite a joker, so for me, serious and sincere aren't really in my nature. Not to mention sincerity somehow makes me feel vulnerable, and I don't know if I like that feeling or not. When you're sincere, you open the door for someone to not return something, leaving you crushed and not wanting to do it again, making you want to be even less sincere than you were before! I know though, personally, when someone expresses their honest opinion or feelings towards me, I genuinely appreciate it. I know I don't always succeed, but I like people to know how I honestly feel about them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going around telling people I think they are too judgmental, or that they complain too much. I'd say I like all of the people I associate with, leaving me with nothing bad to say about them. However, if I pick up that in your life you feel or are under appreciated, or could use the knowledge, and it would mean something to you, it's going to be made known my true feelings about you. Makes me think of the whole "do unto others as you want done to you" rule. I want people to express their feelings towards me, so I express mine towards them! Not to mention, with the stuff I do, and you probably do too, you could be gone at any moment.
     I have a guy that I went to HS with that died not too long ago, and all I could think about was how he will never know how many people loved him, and came to see him at his visitation and were at his funeral. Or the amount of things people wrote on his facebook page saying how much they love him and will miss him. Powerful. I want to know that before I die. I don't want to be kept in the dark about how many people love me and such.
     Think about it next time you're talking to someone you care greatly about. Or someone you just know.

No comments:

Post a Comment