Friday, July 8, 2011

Emotional Swayings.

     I once thought I was bipolar. I made a Dr appt for myself, and the day before told my mom I was going.
     I'd like to say few things make me truly happy, but the reality is, it doesn't take much to arouse a genuine feeling of joy for me. For some it's their spouse, or the job they always wanted and now have. Neither of those do I have, so my list has an opportunity to be a little more broad. These are usually the culprits:

  • Baking
  • Friends who ask to hang out
  • Hugs
  • Music
  • Working out
     I thought I was bipolar, because in a few hours I go from 6 feet under, to over joyed. I still am not sure how normal it is, but because I'm never suicidal or such, I'm told I'm not low enough to be considered bipolar. Has living alone made it worse? Uhm, not really. It's the part where I'm a good 45 minutes drive away from being reminded how loved I am. For the record, that list isn't in order of amount of joy. It's in order of how it came out of my fingers.
     I think all the time about how people have to get tired of my complaining, or my implications that I believe myself to have a terrible or unfortunate life. I think no such thing. I easily look around and see what I have compared to most, and I quickly understand my amount of blessing.

     Anyways.. I made blond brownies for my currently pregnant college advisor--they're her favorite dessert. I'm surprising her with them at orientation in a half hour. I didn't have the recipe for the time or such, but ....thank God I had put the recipe into my calorie counting website! I knew how much of everything, and got it all figured out :-). Since I had no idea of how long they would take, then they took exactly as long as I set my timer for, I did a happy dance.


     There's my yummo finished product. Glad I could have a mood lifter and a reminder why I wanted to do culinary to begin with (even if I can't cook to save my life.)

     This song... Love it. I'm big on instrumentals.


1 comment:

  1. What feels like bi-polar syndrome can actually be blood sugar spikes and lows.

    ReplyDelete