Saturday, July 16, 2011

Where Do I Stand?

     Last you knew, I wasn't enjoying school. That was after only 2 days too. Come Thursday, I was supposed to have my second 5 hour cooking class, and my math class. I headed to math, after being totally lost for 20 minutes, I endured it for 2 hours, then I decided... I'm waisting my time. I don't like this, I don't plan on being a baker anyways, and I'm exhausted. This isn't where I'm supposed to be. That morning I had called my mom and she gave me permission to cancel my enrollment, and we did a rush brain storm of other options at this point. While I have no desire to do 4 years of college, I don't have too many options. During our second break in the math class, I approached the teacher (who was amazing), and told her I wouldn't be in this class again and if I had any need to stay for the next 2 hours. Of course I didn't, so I headed to see my advisor to make her aware of my decision. Funny enough, we had to pee at the same time and had a bathroom meeting. What I loved about it, was that she didn't try to convince me or justify me reasons. She understood where I was coming from, and directed me to the right place. I'm going to get my money back, and it's all good.
     That night, 3 friends came up from Atlanta. These people make my life worth living. I adore them. They bring laughter, and they make themselves at home, and that's why we're friends! Sadly, our plans keep colliding and I'm not getting to go out with them, but I know they're enjoying their activities, and we hang out at night, and it's more than enough time with them. Like I said before, friends that ask to hang out are one of those things that bring me total joy. So getting a call saying they were coming to Nashville, or a call last night saying they were leaving the bar and coming to hang.... Yep, it's been a month since I've felt this happy. But I must say getting out of the college situation brought me a big sigh of relief as well.
     While I was there for my first 2 classes, I met some amazing people. The teachers are phenomenal, and the students are as well. I met a girl in my first lab/cooking class that loves working out, and loves counting her cals, and loved grocery shopping, coffee, and being active. Whaaaat? That's me! Luckily, I had gotten her number and we're connected and really happy about it. She lives with roommates, giving her a way to have some friends even though she's just moved here, but not myself, so I've found a great friend. We hung out yesterday, are today, maybe tomorrow, and are on Monday. Excitement.
     I have no extreme words of wisdom for you, or something epic I've learned from my short lived experience.. But I can tell you this: When you're where you're supposed to be, you know. Also, find people that fit you, and keep them close. When you need a pick me up, a drink, or a hug, you're going to be glad you stuck it out through a moment of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment