Thursday, July 14, 2011

Leaving Classes Running And Screaming.

     First 2 days are over, and I feel like I've already been through a life time. I feel like I've aged 20 years. First class is fine, it's a lecture and we get breaks, so I have a chance to eat, and I'm a good lecture learner. Second class, (Wed.) is a lab to accompany that lecture. It's 5 hours in the kitchen. No breaks, all meat.
     I go in on Tuesday, and they don't have my pants, so I wore jeans, which was fine with me, because let's be honest, who really wants to wear checkered pants? I learned how to tie a tie... I was SO excited. I know heaps of men that have no idea how to do it, so I was over the top. Next I learned that I have a convicted felon, and a man with one testicle in that class. Yes, you read me right. In all nobility, he's a cancer survivor, but who honestly wants to know that much about a fellow classmate? I get homework in the class, and it's all good. Good group of people----ish.
     Second class, is the bane of my existence. Seeing as I've eaten on a schedule for 3 years, my body expects food every few hours. If I don't get some kind of something (preferably carb), I start to feel what I imagine a diabetic feels in the same situation. My blood sugar drops, and I become slow, tired, and just in bad shape. Like an "I'm about to faint" feeling. There's no breaks in the class. You're in the kitchen for 5 hours straight. So what do I do? I file as a disability, and I might be able to get a snack. The plugs in my ears? Have to come out. I worked hard to get them this way, I like it, and it's kind of painful to take them in and out. This is not for me. The industry, nor the schooling style. While I will be able to concentrate in the lab, after about 2 hours of lecture time, I've reached my absorption max. The lab is also where I learn to cook all my proteins. My final exam I have to cook a chicken solo. The others I'm working with 3 other people. What does this mean? I'm set up for failure. Had I been told this prior to my start, I wouldn't have started.
     So I head straight from there to the gym twice a week. It's exhausting.
     Tonight, I got straight to the gym, then have 3 people coming to stay for 4 days. "Tonight" I'm going to the new harry potter at midnight, then up for an 8am tomorrow morning. Going to be a long long weekend. Did half of the assigned homework for my first class, monday will be packed with homework, because Sunday I have to be at the school from 8-5 for some introductory class. I want to like this whole school idea, but it's not for me. I do love the people. They're interesting, and I haven't gotten to be around people in a month, so to see people I know daily... It's what I need. That's the only reason I like it.

     Here's a little song for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment